Basics of Python Programming for GIS
Learn the basics of Python through video lectures and practice problems.Python is an easy to learn programming language with a wide variety of well-paying jobs in many fields, including data science, web development, and network programming. There couldn’t be a better time for you to join the world of Python!
This course is introduced to enhance python programming for GIS. Python is selectively a better choice to start with GIS programming, because it is used in both scripting and programming. At EdUnbox, there is full learning of Python scripting, how python code could be formulated as a Python IDE for the interaction with ArcGIS, either in the form of standalone script or a Python Script Tool. Post that you will be delving into the venture of using python programming functions and classes for geoprocessing along with the use of its modules for data access and mapping.
This GIS (Geographic Information Systems) course will get you up and running with GIS in very short time. By the end of the course, you’ll feel confident and completely understand the GIS technology and the way to use GIS software to form maps. This course is great for both beginners and professionals like programmers, social scientists and geo-technicians. The course is right for those who haven’t even programmed before, and also if you are not good with python then don’t worry we will teach you from scratch.
What will you learn in this ‘Basics of Python Programming for GIS’ from EdUnbox?
- Understand the basic concepts of Python.
- Essential techniques and concepts to work with ArcPy and ArcGIS.
- Understand how GIS works.
- Understand Reference systems and map projections.
Key points to be secured are:
- Basics of Python
- Python functions, classes and methods
- Python flow and control statements
- Python File Handling
- Utilizing Arcpy and Python in numerous interfaces inside and out in ArcGIS
- Utilizing the mapping module for map automation.
Who this course is for:
- Python Programmers
- ArcPy and ArcGIS Users
1. Introduction to the Python
- ArcGIS Settings
- Check the Python Version
- Install PythonWin
- Work with different script editors
- Use the ArcGIS Python window
2. Geo-processing in ArcGIS Pro
- Examine toolboxes and tools
- Conduct batch processing
- Explore models and ModelBuilders
- Use scripts as tools
- Convert scripts to tools
3. Learning Python Language fundamentals
- Work with numbers and strings
- Work with variables, lists, and functions
- Use modules
- Write conditional statements
- Use loop structures
4. Geo-processing using Python
- Explore ArcPy functions and classes
- Control Environment setting
- Work with licenses
5. Working with Spatial Data
- Exploring Spatial Data
- Manipulating spatial data
- Spatial Analysis
6. Working with Vector data
- Exploring the geometries and geometry objects
- Working with features
7. Working with Rasters
- List and describe the rasters
- Use map algebra operators
8. Debugging and error handling
- Examine syntax errors and exceptions
9. Creating Python functions and classes
- Create python functions
- Work with classes
10. Sharing Tools
- Prepare the files for sharing tools
- Create tool documentation
As part of this training, you will be working on real-time projects and assignments that have immense implications in the real-world industry scenarios, thus helping you fast-track your career effortlessly.
EdUnbox Course Completion Certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the project work (after the expert review). EdUnbox certification is well recognized in top Government and Private Organization.
Payments can be made using any of the following options. You will be emailed a receipt after the payment is made.
- Visa Credit or Debit Card
- American Express
- Diner’s Club