Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro
The course is designed to give participants an overview of the fundamentals of Geo-spatial concepts and hands-on exposure for Geo-referencing maps, digitization techniques, Geo-processing tools, essentials of mapping, working with spatial data and their attributes using ArcGIS Pro.
About this ArcGIS Pro Online Training Course:
The main aim of this course is to equip the learners to compose maps of their AOI, Create, Geo-process and Analyze spatial data using ArcGIS Pro. The course attempts to explain the techniques and standards for distribution of geographical data, concepts of coordinates, projection system and so on. The practical sessions concentrate on the process for creating & managing spatial/non-spatial data, digitization essentials, digital conversion of old paper based Revenue/Cadastral maps through geo-referencing, creating routes and point features using GPS files and ETS/DGPS field survey data etc. in ArcGIS Pro. This learning eventually will enable participants to efficiently learn, test and apply the techniques in their respective domains. Through the continuous practical assessments and instructor guidance the course also ensures that the participants would be able to produce GIS maps for their own needs afterwards.
What will you learn in this ArcGIS Pro Online Certification Course?
This course is an ideal package for aspiring executives/developers/engineers/analysts aspiring to build a successful career in Geo-Spatial domain. By the end of this training, participants will acquire an all-round overview of GIS Engineering by mastering the following concepts like:
- Introduction to Geo-Spatial Concepts – (GCS, PCS)
- Introduction to the Interface of ArcGIS Pro
- Geo-Reference Scanned Maps and Map Images in ArcGIS Pro
- Management of Spatial and Non-Spatial Data types through ArcGIS Pro
- Creation of Geodatabse and Spatial Data in ArcGIS Pro
- Creation of Route Maps and Point Features using GPS files and ETS/DGPS Field Survey Data
- Import from, Conversion and Export to different Data formats using ArcGIS Pro
- Introduction to Attribute Table in ArcGIS Pro
- Introduction to Geo-Processing Tools in ArcGIS Pro
- Map Creation, Print and Export maps using ArcGIS Pro
Who should go for this ArcGIS Pro online training Course?
- Urban PlannersTool Based
- Town and City Planners
- IT Professionals
- AutoCAD Map Professionals
- Civil Engineers
- Environmental Engineers
- GIS Diploma holders
- UG/PG students in Geo-informatics
- UG/PG students in Agriculture Science and Technology
- Any other professional/student who has a genuine interest in learning the tool/technology
What are the prerequisites for this ArcGIS Pro online training?
- One should have a keen interest in learning and joining the booming Geo-Spatial industry
- Computer proficiency would be necessary for learning this technology
- Basic knowledge of ArcGIS or any other GIS software or AutoCAD Map will be good to have
4 facts about the growing Indian Geospatial Market that reflects the growth scenario: Geospatial Media
- $ 4 billion > Over all size of Indian Geospatial Industry
- 12-15% > Cumulative Annual growth rate of Indian Geospatial Industry
1. Introduction to Geo-Spatial Concepts – (GCS, PCS)
- Introduction to raster and vector data format and attributes
- Examples of data types commonly stored in raster vs vector format
- Introduction to categorical vs continuous raster data and multi-layer raster
- Introduction to coordinate reference systems and the PROJ4 format
- Overview of commonly used programs and applications for working with Geo-spatial data
2. Introduction to the Interface of ArcGIS Pro – Important Commands available from the Ribbon; Contextual Nature of Tabs; Standard Tool Bar; Menu Bar; Advanced/Specialized functionality found on dockable panes; Map, Catalog and Layout View; Creating and Saving Projects storing multiple items, such as maps, layouts, tables, and charts, in a single project and work with them as needed
3. Geo-Reference Scanned Maps and Map Images in ArcGIS Pro – This is a vital requirement for working on any digitization and mapping project. The reference map/s can be in a paper format or a scanned copy of any paper map or an Ortho-image or even a pic of a satellite imagery, these need to be accurately Geo-referenced by inputting X,Y values of reference points for the users to digitize/analyze its features.
4. Spatial and Non-Spatial Data Types – Add Layer functionality, Accessing Vector & Raster Data, Base Maps
5. Conversion of Data – XY (.xls, .csv) to Layer; PCS to GCS; Layer to .shp; .shp to .kml and .kml to Layer etc.
6. Spatial Data Creation – Creating Geodatabase (.gdb), Create Features (Vector Layer), Setting Snapping Tolerance, Understanding of Digitization Techniques
7. Spatial Data Management – Working with Attribute Data, Modify Features (Editing Tools), Data Join – Spatial and Non Spatial
8. Creation of Route Maps and Point Features using GPS files and ETS/DGPS Field Survey Data – Any field survey data, either in the form of point feature UTM coordinates generated by ETS/DGPS machines or a GPX data-set containing a linear route with way-points obtained from a GPS survey will be imported and mapped in ArcGIS Pro.
9. Working with Attribute Table – Add Field, Calculate Field, Calculate Geometry Attributes, Join, Relate, Relationship Classes, Common geo-processing tools for Data Conversion and Management on Tables and Attribute Data (An overview of the Geocoding toolbox, Geocode Addresses, Standardize Addresses, Copy Rows, Table To Table, Table To Geodatabase, Export XML Workspace Document)
10. Working with Geo-Processing Tools – Extract Tools, Proximity Tools, Overlay Tools
11. Creating Maps – Layout View, Adjusting the size of the Map Sheets, Adding North, Scale Bar, Numeric Scale and Legend
12. Exporting and Printing Map – JPEG, PNG, PDF
As part of this training, you will be working on real-time projects and assignments that have immense implications in the real-world industry scenarios, thus helping you fast-track your career effortlessly.
EdUnbox Course Completion Certificate will be awarded upon the completion of the project work (after the expert review). EdUnbox certification is well recognized in top Government and Private Organization.
Live Online Instructor-Led WebEx Training: Online training is conducted via live webex streaming. They are interactive sessions that enable you to ask questions and participate in discussions during class time. We do provide recordings of each session you attend for your future reference. Classes are attended by a global audience to enrich your learning experience.
In case you are not able to attend any lecture, you can view the recorded session of the class in EdUnbox’s Learning Management System (LMS). To make things better for you, we also provide the facility to attend the missed session in any other live batch.
Payments can be made using any of the following options. You will be emailed a receipt after the payment is made.
- Visa Credit or Debit Card
- American Express
- Diner’s Club
The content is awesome. i would recommend it to those who need to have some basic knowledge of GIS. it’s very easy to learn the ArcGIS because of the instructions and demos given by the instructor.
I learned a lot from this course. The emphasis is on learning how to use the software so you can start working quickly.
The course was very well designed and focused on in-depth understanding of basic concepts of ArcGIS.
Gives you a good foundation of ArcGIS and spatial databases
I have enjoyed this course and the explanations from the instructors were on point helping me grasp the concept in an easy manner
I learned alot. Thank you.
This is my first exposure to ArcGIS. The trainer explained various concepts and skills very nicely, which was incredibly helpful when I was doing my final project. Since there were so many procedures that I needed to follow in order to conduct specific tasks, I sometimes had to go back to his videos and re-watched them to have better guidance, but that helped me finish the project on time.
Proivdes an in-depth introduction of how to create maps using ArcGIS, alternatives of the software and the background of mapping, for example what projections are and what.
Well developed course and gives you a great general idea of some of the cool things you can do with ArcGIS.
Very well design of ArcGIS data and instructions!
The lectures were very easy to follow and easy to understand even for ArcGIS beginners like me. Kudos!
This is a fantastic course!
Very easy to understand all the topics and the examples, I love the course, it’s very useful.
Very thorough course with a great instructor. At the end of the day I can functionally use ArcGIS and understand many of the basic concepts to be able to apply GIS technology in my career.
Excellent modules, excellent teaching, excellent moderation and responsiveness from the tutor. I was not expecting this quality. Really good!
Very structured and organize Course , You will have a great time learning this course.
Appreciated the lectures and the assignments made it possible to gain confidence in using the software.
Very smooth and fluid introduction to the basics of the ArcGIS software.
Neatly explained. Excellent Course
Thank you for providing such quality courses, simple and great explanation
|Familiarization with ArcGIS Pro #1||02:00:00|
|Familiarization with ArcGIS Pro #2||02:00:00|
|Familiarization with ArcGIS Pro #3||02:00:00|
|Familiarization with ArcGIS Pro #4||02:00:00|